Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid (Road) Test

Would you believe me if I told you this book is about a kid whose delusional dad dreams of becoming a wrestling superstar? Yeah, me neither, because the only association with wrestling in this illustration would have to be the title, right? So I'm going to imagine a different story... the story of "Half" Nelson and his buddy "Full" Nelson on a psychedelic joyride through the highways, byways and extremely elevated overpasses of America. The ones with the teeny tiny guard rails and distracting tropical birds. Tropical birds...Um, guys? I think you made a wrong turn. Onto a monorail. Yep, I thinks that's what happened. A little birdie told me.

6 comments:

Adorabibble said...

Full nelson isn't working gives error.
still funny as heck!

Steve said...

i would not have believed it but thanks for not making me choose!

Beth said...

Bib - I fixed it, but if it still doesn't come up, my intent was a link to the dreamy Major Anthony Nelson, astronaut and Jeannie master extraordinaire lol!

Steve - I would never put that burden on my readers, haha!

Adorabibble said...

you are too funny!

Lidian said...

That sort of looks like the Mystery Machine - maybe Scooby Doo is going to solve the mystery of what this book is about...

Beth said...

Yes, Lidian! That's it - the Mystery Machine! I bet the illustrator watched a lot of Scooby Doo cartoons.